SEO is one of the most important and constantly evolving areas of Digital Marketing and it has a significant impact on the success of online businesses.
With the constant advancements in technology and changes in consumer behavior, SEO strategies must also constantly adapt to remain effective for each business.
At a time when Digital Transformation is booming, it is important for businesses to stay ahead of the game by keeping up with the latest SEO trends.
In this article, we will take a look at the most important SEO trends for 2023 and how you can incorporate them into your online strategy in order to secure your presence in the first results of the SERPs!
What will we see in this article?
- The familiar E-A-T is supplemented with an extra E – Expertise is rewarded!
- A Must of SEO trends 2023? Focus on your audience’s needs!
- Useful Content was – is and will be the king of on – page SEO!
- What finally happens to the A.I. Generated Content?
- Forget results ranking as you knew it!
- SEO trends 2023 and e-shops
- The crawl frequency is decreasing!
- Don’t skip optimizing your images!
- Increase your website speed
- Extra SEO Tips to take your 2023 strategy off the ground
- Incorporate SEO Trends 2023 into Your Inbound Strategy!
1. The familiar E-A-T is supplemented with an extra E – Expertise is rewarded!
Most SEO experts and content creators are familiar with the term E-A-T (Expertise, Authority, Trust), according to which search results are evaluated in terms of their educational character.
Google, wanting to provide targeted information to each query, adds an extra E to the term. We are of course referring to the Experience of the author, i.e. the author’s experience.
What does this mean practically? Google wants to confirm that the respective content creator has personal experience with the topic being reported. Thus it can ensure the authenticity and quality of the content.
In short, each in their own way!
2. A Must of SEO trends 2023? Focus on your audience’s needs!
User Experience has always been an important factor in an on-page SEO strategy. Let’s not forget that the purpose of Search Engine Optimization is to highlight your business to people who need your services or products.
Based on this, businesses that focus solely on their website traffic, neglecting the needs of their audience, will find it especially difficult to achieve high rankings in 2023. As competition in the digital market intensifies, to achieve a high ranking in search results the 2023, it is important to focus on the overall theme and business of your business.
3. Useful Content was – is and will be the king of on – page SEO!
As a continuation of the previous fact, the useful content update is added in August 2022. With this update, Google reiterates, once again, that content creation should focus on people and not search engines, “counting” , in a way, user satisfaction.
So how can you earn a place in the first search results in 2023?
- Showcase your expertise! Prefer to enlighten your audience with useful material in your area of expertise.
- Avoid expanding into other areas by solely targeting new audiences.
- Adequately answer the question you are raising.
- Pay attention to the link-building of each page.
- Introduce your audience to the author, demonstrate their expertise, and gain their trust.
- Size… doesn’t matter! The main goal in content creation is a comprehensive and sufficient answer to the topic it is analyzing.
Comprehensive keyword research and content research can provide you with useful information on the above quality indicators.
4. What finally happens to the A.I. Generated Content?
2023 is the year artificial intelligence entered our lives for good. As the number of AI platforms is constantly increasing, the part of on-page SEO could not remain unaffected. Tools already available on the market significantly speed up workflows making original content production easier and faster.
But what does Google say about it?
According to its recent announcement, the company says that high-quality content that goes along with the term E-E-A-T will continue to be rewarded, no matter how it is produced.
However, continuing in the same article, Google wants to make it clear that although AI is a powerful tool for businesses, it is in its infancy and certainly cannot replace human handwriting. So, if an AI tool is used to create content, don’t skip the human review before posting the content on your website!
5. Forget results ranking as you knew it!
Google has decided to shake things up by changing what we know about CTR and ranking positions. Infinite scrolling is now available on mobile devices and in our country! By leveraging this new feature, users can now scroll through multiple SERP pages to find the content they are looking for.
According to Backlinko research, so far Organic CTR is taking place as follows:
- The 1st result in Google receives 27.6% of the total clicks, which makes it 10 times more likely to receive a click compared to the 10th result.
- 31.5% of users choose results 2 – 5 that Google displays.
- Organic CTR for positions 8-10 is similar, gaining approximately 3% of users.
What is the significance of this new feature? Huge! CTRs are likely to be affected as searchers find it easier to navigate through multiple pages of search results simply by scrolling!
6. SEO trends 2023 and e-shops
And in the case of Product Pages, Google rewards and promotes rich informative content. So if you own an e-shop in 2023, give your audience all the necessary information about your products.
FAQs and product reviews from your customers will help you expand your content by adding additional keywords. At the same time, adding information such as:
- Shipping process?
- Return policy?
- Warranties, upgrades or add-ons available with the product?
They will help you answer your audience for all possible questions they may have about the product, facilitating their online shopping.
7. The crawl frequency is decreasing!
Recently, Google has set ambitious climate goals, including achieving zero carbon emissions by 2023. To achieve this goal, Google is considering reducing the frequency of crawling web pages to conserve its computing resources and advance sustainability initiatives.
However, reducing the content detection rate affects the refresh rate of existing content more than the rate of new content discovery. This means that Google may need more time to consider the new changes we make to our websites.
Therefore, the best strategy is to optimize your content from the beginning, with all the elements of the page required to rank. Particularly:
- Make sure that every page on your website has a unique H1 title that includes the targeted keyword.
- Use your keyword in at least one H2 subheading
- List the keyword in the first 100 words
- Don’t forget Internal & Outbound Links
- Optimize the URL by adding the keyword
- Check the metadata to show the target keyword
8. Don’t skip optimizing your images!
Although a website’s image SEO is often overlooked, it is a very important factor in its ranking in search results.
Google values alt text and schema markup not only to better understand the content of images but also because they make the content easily accessible to all users.
So what to look out for in image SEO:
- Reduce the size of images on your site.
- Select new file formats such as JPEG 2000, JPG XR, and WebP.
- Check the size of your images to work with your website
- Create original images
- Optimize your image titles, captions, and alt texts
- Don’t skip Open Graph tags as well as Twitter Cards
- Take advantage of the lazy loading feature to make your website faster.
9. Increase your website speed
The speed of a website has always been a very important SEO factor. It is a fact that a slow site discourages users from continuing their navigation. According to research, if a website takes more than 4 seconds to load, it loses about 75% of its users and Google itself, which seems to blatantly ignore “slow websites”.
Extra SEO Tips to take your 2023 strategy off the ground
In addition to the aforementioned SEO tips, there are some additional techniques you can experiment with to improve your website SEO plan. More specifically:
1. Create research material
Surveys are a hot topic for both publishers and ordinary readers.
Create extensive analysis by choosing an interesting topic relevant to your industry. Add to your search links that refer to your website and make your brand synonymous with information while strengthening your SEO!
2. Invest in visual content
Visuals have always been a useful way to build backlinks to your website. What should you do? Create useful visuals and infographics to incorporate into your content and add value to your surveys and articles.
3. Use Podcasts for your content
Podcasts are now a popular way to strengthen Brand Awareness of your business, but also to get useful Backlinks to strengthen your SEO strategy. By appearing as a guest on podcasts or creating your own, you can gain backlinks as well as popularity!
4. Are you familiar with Content Hubs?
Content Hubs are databases that contain a wealth of information about a specific topic or industry. Content Hubs are often used as part of a Marketing strategy to engage a specific audience.
By leveraging Content Hubs businesses can position themselves as experts in their field and build trust and credibility with their audience. Additionally, Content Hubs can help drive traffic to your website and improve your search engine rankings by providing a wealth of relevant, high-quality content.
Incorporate SEO Trends 2023 into Your Inbound Strategy!
In the above article, we took a deep dive into SEO trends for 2023 so you can further improve your website’s Search Engine Optimization strategy!
Need additional guidance to perfect or start your SEO practices? NUS Solutions is here for you! Our team is ready to chat with you and make all your business goals come true!
Contact us today and talk to us about your vision! We take care of all the rest!